On 30/04/07, Sammy Larbi <sam / powersource.com> wrote:
> Trans wrote, On 4/30/2007 10:41 AM:
> >>
> >> I'm sure you have covered all these, but my memory fails me sometimes
> >> and I thought I'd bring them up.  The part that "concerned" me was that
> >> I was thinking you (and/or others, in the general case) were talking
> >> about doing something like this in the code:
> >>
> >> require 'some_facets_file'
> >>
> >> some_var = Ace.new
> >> another_two  = Jacks.new(2)
> >> fourth_and_fifth = Kings(2)
> >>
> >> Then, I don't know whether I've just been dealt Two-Pair with an Ace
> >> kicker, where the next line should be "raise 250", or if something more
> >> useful is happening.
> >>

> > Sorry you lost me here. But that's a good hand ;-)
> >
> > T.
> >

> Oh, I was referring back to my original question of what the thread was
> talking about.  I remembered there was a playing card reference
> somewhere, and it "concerned" me if you were talking about naming the
> classes after cards, then reading the code I might not know what was
> going on.  That's all.  (aside from my typos in the example)

Also I would not want to search for a library named Aces. Nor I would
try as I usually search for solution to a particular problem, and Aces
does not sound like anything I was ever solving.

Although more capable search engines would also pick keywords from
description, I am not  sure about the current situation on Rubyforge
and elsewhere.

But I am pretty sure Facets never fell out of the search engines for
me. Maybe they are for stuff that I do not use. I don't know.

Thanks

Michal