On Apr 30, 2007, at 11:42 AM, Brian Guthrie wrote:
> It's the sort of library that shouldn't necessarily be used in
> production code anyway, though, due to the performance hit you take
> from having to run each and every single method call through a filter.

Makes sense.  Reminds me of Eiffel's ability to monitor pre/post
conditions during development but to turn off those checks in
production.

One of the things that I thought was really nice about Eiffel's
pre-condition checks was that any pre-condition exceptions were
raised in the caller's context, which is conceptually where the
error exists.  I think that would be difficult to do in Ruby without
support in the runtime.

Gary Wright