On 30.04.2007 16:42, aidy.lewis / googlemail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have some code the checks whether some text is on the HTML page
>
>  @@log.test_results(ie.contains_text('Dashboard')
>
>  I should get a TRUE (it's there), but it is returning the figure 62.
>  Is anything > 0 in Ruby true? If so, why, and shouldn't the object
> automatically change to boolean?
>
>  My xml then is falling through
>
>   if result == TRUE then
>   test_status = @test.add_element 'teststatus'
>   test_status.text = 'PASS'

There's only two falses in Ruby: false and nil.  Everything else is
considered true.

Please note also, that it is usually a very bad idea to try to compare a
boolean value with a boolean constant in a boolean context.  Just use
the value or use "!" or "not" to negate.  This applies to all sorts of
programming languages (just think of doing "if ( x == TRUE )" in C...

Kind regards

	robert