Michal Suchanek wrote:
> Why do you want the users to use command line on Windows? You can make
> directories and move around files in both Explorer and Ruby just fine.
> There are commands like ipconfig or net which only work in command
> line but these are needed only in very specific situations.
>
> Ruby scripts open their own text window so you do not have to start
> them from command line for that. At least it works for me.
>
> And if you want a real shell there is msys (the support environment
> for mingw) which has a bourne shell, coreutils, diff, ...

I don't want anybody to do anything in particular. I simply observe that
occasionally Ruby users on Windows *need* to use the command line, to
install gems, to set up Rails projects, etc., and those who don't know
how to do this might appreciate some help.

--
RMagick [http://rmagick.rubyforge.org]
RMagick Installation FAQ [http://rmagick.rubyforge.org/install-faq.html]