Gregory Brown wrote:
> On 4/29/07, Cory <coryw / americanmonkey.com> wrote:
>> Alright, I'm missing some core ruby concept here that I just can't
>> figure out; any assistance would be excellent and welcome:
>>
>> Long story short, I'm attempting to modify class level variables @@foo,
>> @@bar from an action in a ruby controller (an instance of a given
>> controller).
>
> There is no such thing as a Ruby controller.  I think you may actually
> be asking a question about Ruby on Rails, so please use the rails
> mailing list.
>
> warm regards,
> -gregory.

You're right - it's a rails controller; but it's a ruby question.
Apparently my question has now been hijacked and we're now discussing
the difference between class level variables and instance level
variables.

Every test I've cooked out simply won't allow me to maintain state in a
class level variable set from an instance level context.  That's the
core of the question.