------art_54401_32046046.1177796215658

On 4/26/07, Ari Brown <ari / aribrown.com> wrote:

> Don't pick a weird name like Amerthrall (I just made that up). A good
> bet is always something simple.  For instance, CitiBank doesn't
> really generate conversations like OOTS generates laughs, but it
> sticks with people and is easy to remember.

Unlike, say, Google? The opposing view doesn't seem to have hurt the
popularity of Hpricot, Mongrel, Hoe, or, heck, even "Rails" itself, and
they're some of the biggest Ruby related projects out there ;-)

That said, I must admit I partly agree with you when it comes down to tools,
rather than brand names. Rails is certainly a brand, and has almost
certainly been intended to be one from very early on. Same for Hpricot and
Mongrel, I'd say. Some small library with a niche function though..? I'd say
your advice would be right for that.

Cheers,
Peter Cooper
http://www.rubyinside.com/