m 2001-11-12 klockan 16.33 skrev Tobias DiPasquale:
> Peter,
>
> Ruby knows it's a method call because, as far as I can tell, you haven't
> included the Complex library with "require 'complex'". Thus, the
> interpreter only knows about one thing called Complex, and that's your
> method. It's not clear as to what would happen if you tried this while
> including Complex. Complex.rb is not a built-in class, but rather a
> standard library, so it must be included to be used in a program.

I don't think it's that easy.

The following code works

def Foo
  p "in Foo method"
  Foo.new "test"
end

class Foo
  def initialize(s)
    p "in class Foo " + s

Foo()

if you remove the "()" from the methodcall it doesn't work
If you change the Foo-method to "foo" it works without the "()" also.

/Erik

--
Erik Bfors               | erik / bagfors.nu
Supporter of free software | GSM +46 733 279 273