On 4/27/07, Mariusz Pˇ╠ala <skoot / ideico.net> wrote:
> Maybe generating TeX and then PDF from it may be good solution?> TeX can do 'styling'.>> However, I don't know anything about Ruport (yet) so forgive me if what I> said is stupid. :-)
It's not stupid.   I just don't think TeX styling is going to be anyhigher level than our PDF::Writer wrappers, and it introduces a hugetoolchain.   We at one point were doing TeX output for tables butdropped it.
We're pretty convinced that for now, the solution we have is the mostpragmatic one for simple support.   We'll leave it up to our users tocreate custom formatters that wrap other solutions.(I've wrapped htmldoc before)
I should have an example out soon enough that shows how to wrap rfpdfwith Ruport, but I have no idea how well that will go, or if it willbe worth it.  The main appeal there is that it has better i18nsupport, but I don't see it replacing PDF::Writer in Ruport any timesoon. :-/