On 4/27/07, Gregory Brown <gregory.t.brown / gmail.com> wrote:

> I have an example from yesterday I could probably expand a bit and add
> commentary to, but you're absolutely right, we need a quick tutorial.
>
> http://pastie.caboo.se/56959

I actually just found a way to make that a whole lot shorter.  (With
the help of JEG2)

He wrote the FCSV equivalent:
http://pastie.textmate.org/57068

And then I used Ruport's slip-cover over FCSV to get the float
converters, and also used the lambda hash trick he did to get this:
http://pastie.caboo.se/57075

It's going to depend on the job though.   For straight CSV stuff, I
still use FCSV for its speed and simplicity... for more advanced
stuff, I use Ruport, often the more complicated stuff even.

I wrote a very weird post on the Ruport blog about this a while ago.
MVC with FCSV.
It's here if anyone is interested.   (Happy to get feedback, too)

http://blog.rubyreports.org/archives/41