On Apr 27, 2007, at 10:37 PM, Tim Becker wrote:

>> > JCB       3528-2589  Length: 16
>
> should be 3528-3589, obviously.
>
>> > Diners   3000-3029, 3040-3059, 36, 3815-3889, 389 Length: 14
>
>> Wow, those are some broad ranges.
>
> Well, those ranges DO include Carte Blanche :) I haven't seen a
> physical Diners Card in at least 20 years to be honest, not sure who
> still uses them.
>
> If you think those ranges are broad, the last UK-Switch/Solo table I
> had has over 180 card prefixes with different card lengths...

My grandmother used to have a Diners Club card. Last time I saw that
was about 20 years ago too.
But of the cards accepted here in Tokyo, Diners Club is one that is
often listed! (in bars and restaurants of course)

Oh, I can only imagine. Processing cards with less deeply thought out
numbering schemes. The big boys planned that stuff back when
computing power was a premium.