On 4/27/07, Lyle Johnson <lyle.johnson / gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/27/07, Gregory Brown <gregory.t.brown / gmail.com> wrote:

> So I just went to what I assume is the Ruport home page
> (http://ruport.rubyforge.org/, which redirects to
> http://stonecode.svnrepository.com/ruport/trac.cgi). Since I don't
> have any experience with Ruport, or with reporting toolsets in
> general, I immediately started looking for a tutorial or something to
> give me an idea of what this really is -- a sort of "Hello, World!"
> for Ruport.
>
> I clicked through the "Tutorials, Examples and Articles" link, and see
> tutorials for "ActsAsReportable" (which sounds Rails-oriented), a
> "Rope Cheatsheet" (and I don't yet know what Rope is) and a "Recipe
> Book". None of those sounded like what I'm looking for. I started
> going through the presentation slides found elsewhere on the page, and
> finally in the middle of the second presentation, I saw my first (and
> only) screenshots of Ruport-generated reports (yay!). But I guess what
> I would love to see on that page (or elsewhere) is a really basic,
> "Ruport in 10 minutes" kind of tutorial, with even a trivial data set,
> that walks you through the process of generating a report.

I have an example from yesterday I could probably expand a bit and add
commentary to, but you're absolutely right, we need a quick tutorial.

http://pastie.caboo.se/56959

The trouble was the API was forever changing.  That's stabilized now.
Lets see if I can get us a Ruport in 10 minutes tutorial before  RC2.
:)

Thanks Lyle!