What exactly to include in the standard lib?

For example:

All conforming to the latest final version of the respective spec
(recommendation),
and feature complete:

for DOM, this could be:
http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-2-Traversal-Range/
http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-2-Style/
http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-2-Core/

parsers and APIs (all supporting namespaces):
   SAX parser + SAX API
   DOM parser + DOM API
   DOM parser + alternative tree API (DOM/JDOM/REXML/ElectricXML/ -like)
     (or is an extra tree-/DOM-like parser needed?)

   If the DOM API and the DOM-like API are
     separate
       it's easier to write pure DOM programs
       the two libs are nicely saparated and not too big
     merged into one 'DOM plus extensions' lib:
       there is no redundancy
         (some DOM features don't need an alternative,
         and are written only once)

writers:
   XML
   XHTML

nice to haves for the standard lib:
   validating parsers that support DTDs & Schemas

nice to haves, probably RAA stuff):
   http://www.w3.org/TR/SAC/
   SVG writer
    [some more things; but this post is about the standard lib ;) ]

Personally, I'd be happy to see the alternative tree parser + API
included first, with an XML writer. (Currently, I don't need SAX and DOM.)
Something like REXML, if/as soon as it's 100% conformant as a
non-validating XML processor, and its' API leaves nothing to be desired
from the DOM API.

Tobi

--
Tobias Reif