On 26.04.2007 19:44, Veera Sundaravel wrote:
> Robert Klemme wrote:
>> On 26.04.2007 03:17, Veera Sundaravel wrote:
>>> I'm newbie to ruby. Is there anyway to send a message or mail to
>>> particular available ip. Please give some suggestion.
>> What exactly do you mean by this?  Can you elaborate a bit more?
>
> For example if an user registered his information in my application with
> his static ip, then here i want to send a message when the user is in
> internet connection. ( but he dont need to login my application).

So we have two tasks here

1. Detect that someone is online.

2. Send a message.

ad 1) as Dan pointed out there is no general way that would reliably work.

ad 2) you do not state what kind of message is to be send.  But
considering futility of 1 it's probably not worth digging deeper into 2
either.

Kind regards

	robert