On Apr 26, 10:46 am, Philipp Taprogge <Philipp.Tapro... / gmx.net>
wrote:
<snip previous stuff>

> Unlikely. The error is pretty obvious: the XML parser encountered an
> element it did not expect in the server's response: <html>.
>
> This suggests that the server is not returning an XML document at
> all but rather a normal web page. Perhaps this is a 404 or 500 error
> page?
> In any case, the create_rpc_driver method experts to find a WSDL
> file which the server must provide.
> Perhaps your perl code is not using a wsdl driver?
>
> HTH,
>
>         Phil

Phil,

Turns out that you are right, I type-od the url...shoulda been https.

That was self-inflicted wound.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to pass some arguments to the
soap call and I'll be moving along.

The perl is:

my $login_result = $soap->call('login' => ('username', 'pass'))-
>result;

but I haven't figured out to do it with ruby.  I have tried:

irb(main):170:0> p soap.call("login")
"No username passed"
=> nil

Which makes sense, but have no idea how to pass the username and
password.  But I'll keep digging!

Mike B.