edcrosbys wrote:
> I'm new, please bear with me?
>
> I am trying to get a bit of data from the user. The only library I'm
> using now is watir (since I'm interacting w/ web pages). I can use get
> or STDIN.read to grab the input, but I would like to do something like a
> typical windows pop-up dialog box. Is there anything out there? If you
> point me in the general direction I might be able to find it. I started
> checking out the OLE stuff in hopes of finding it, but came back empty
> handed.

Look for GUI toolkits. You have several options:
Tcl/Tk
Qt
GNOME
wxRuby

AFAIK, OLE doesn't offer you the capabilities you need in this scenario.
Except, maybe, using a hack to leverage MSWord, but that isn't exactly
the best of UIs. ;)

--
Phillip "CynicalRyan" Gawlowski
http://cynicalryan.110mb.com/

Rule of Open-Source Programming #48:

The number of items on a project's to-do list always grows or remains
constant.