On 4/25/07, Tim Pease <tim.pease / gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/25/07, Andrei Ursan <steelheart222 / gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Strings value are read from the keyboard, and i need a getch and clrscr
> > method.
> > And how can I export the ruby code into *.exe ?
> >
> > Can somebody translate this into ruby ? I need it fast...
> >

> Have you gotten a suitable answer yet?
>
> There are several options for you here.
> 1) Transliterate into Ruby (as you imply)
> 2) Leave your code as-is and wrapper it using Ruby's C api
> 3) Leave your code as-is and use the Ruby DL module to load your
> library and invoke the methods
> 4) Use the RubyInline module to simply "inline" your C/C++ code into a
> Ruby program

Just tried RubyInline - amazing!
I had one GCC hiccough on my Ubuntu 6 system, I had to do this:

ln -s /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.0.3/cc1 /usr/bin/cc1plus

..to get GCC to recognise that G++ had been installed. Otherwise it
gave me this:
gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `cc1plus': No such file or directory