Alex Gutteridge wrote:
> On 26 Apr 2007, at 15:33, Dhiraj Girdhar wrote:
>
>>> Bioinformatics Center
>>> Kyoto University
>>
>> Please tell me if i have a script file say scriptfile, then how i can
>> run that file using ruby.
>> Please explaain with example.
>
> I was a bit terse with my previous answer. I was just pointing out
> that you had a space between the initial '.' and the rest of your
> command which would cause system() to fail. Here is an example of how
> to run a script using system():
>
> [alexg / powerbook]/Users/alexg(5): cat test.sh
> #!/bin/sh
>
> echo 'foo'
> [alexg / powerbook]/Users/alexg(6): ./test.sh
> foo
> [alexg / powerbook]/Users/alexg(7): ruby -e "system('./test.sh')"
> foo
>
> Alex Gutteridge
>
> Bioinformatics Center
> Kyoto University

I tried above in following manner, but i got following error.
1) I created one script file name :sample
with following data
#!/bin/sh

echo 'foo'

Then i created a test.rb file with following code

abc = system("./sample")
puts $?
puts abc

Note: Both files are in same folder.

when i executed the test file with following command

ruby test.rb

I got following result

test.rb:2: warning: Insecure world writable dir
/opt/oracle/product/10.2.0/client_1/bin, mode 040777
32512
false

Please try the same.
OS : Solaris