Emilio Tagua wrote:
> On 4/17/07, Toby DiPasquale <toby / cbcg.net> wrote:
>>         from put_client.rb:25:in `upload_file'
>>   uri = URI.parse url
>>   else
>>   end
>> require 'webrick'
>> s.mount("/", PutServlet)
>> Any ideas? Thanks.
> You could try something like:
> def method
>   begin
>    response = Timeout::timeout(5) {   Net::(whatever u want from NET
> Class) }
>   rescue Timeout::Error
>     puts 'Timeout!!!'
>   end
> end
>
> Hope it helps you!

This would not help as the problem it the use of the timeout module in
the first place. The net/protocol module already wraps the call in a
Timeout::timeout() call and this is the source of the issue. That call
spawns a Ruby thread to enforce the timeout and the combination of the
thread use and I/O is what is triggering the problem. In any case, I've
already rewritten the code in Python and it works fine on all platforms.
Thanks anyway.

--
Toby DiPasquale