Hi again!

Thus spake Robert Dober on 04/22/2007 05:05 PM:
> I do not claim to understand the full implications to hide super in
> this case, but I would like to know more about it.

As would I...

> With my limited knowledge I feel the Proxy should behave completely
> transparently.

If you are coming from more strongly typed languages like Java,
that's certainly true. but even in Java, strange things can happen
when you start using reflection. While it is a powerful feature, it
also has it's pitfalls...

> And even if it is intended, it might still be worth changing.

From a programmer's standpoint I totally agree, but there might be a
valid reason behind this. I don't understand enough of the inner
workings of ruby to judge on this one...
In any case, performance would propably suffer if each method object
would have to retain a reference to the whole hierarchy of it's
receivers.

Regards,

	Phil