ahh, thanks for the reply.  That makes sense.  I am now linking
stringio.lib into my executable, but still i get

"no such file to load -- stringio"

when i do a:

require "stringio"

-josh

Nobuyoshi Nakada wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At Fri, 20 Apr 2007 09:29:45 +0900,
> Josh Steiner wrote in [ruby-talk:248508]:
>
>> i'm using the msvcr80-ruby18-static.lib and compiled it with "configure
>> --with-static-linked-ext"
>>

> static.lib doesn't obtain extensions. You'll see
> ext/stringio/stringio.lib and so on after compiled with
> static-linked-ext, and need to link them.

tasty electronic music vittles      --  bluevitriol.com
the only music blog you need        --  playtherecords.com
you are the dj.  interactive music  --  improbableorchestra.com
random observations of the bizarre  --  vitriolix.com