On Apr 19, 2007, at 2:39 PM, Dave Rose wrote:

> i just finished writing a 200 line ruby
> monthend processing (non OO procedural, without class/methods)script
> that i would like to run inline (not as thread) invoked like this from
> the main script
>
> if option=="yes" then
>  require/load/???? "\\\networklocation\\option1.rb"
> else if option2=="yes" then
>  require/load/???? "\\\networklocation\\option2.rb"
>  ...etc...
>  how do i do this in ruby?/

Well, first use normal slashes: "/networklocation/option1.rb"

If you're trying to use UNC paths, you might actually need a Windows-
specific library.  (I'm on a Mac and can't help more specifically --
sorry.)

Second, you use 'require' to bring one-time definitions into your
program.  If you give 'require' the same argument later, it knows
that it already processed that one and does nothing.  Use 'load' to
process the contents of the given file every time.

-Rob

Rob / AgileConsultingLLC.com