Eric Promislow wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>> I would like to implement DBGp (ruby-debug-dbgp?) extension for
>> ruby-debug-base in the future if nobody else do so in the meantime. That
>> would be easily utilized by any frontend then. Currently Markus
>> Barchfeld implemented ruby-debug-special_xml_based_protocol extension
>> for ruby-debug-base which is also pretty frontend-independent.
>>
>> I think that ideal state would be to have one debugger backends central
>> utilized by all frontends and all peoples from frontends would work
>> together on those backends. E.g. in the Rubyforge's debug-commons project ;)
>>
>>         m.
>
> We'll be shipping the full code for the dbgp-based debugger in the
> next beta
> for Komodo 4.1.  You'll need to check the license before you reuse
> it.  The
> current Ruby debugger allows reuse under the same terms as the Ruby
> license,
> and I expect that will continue.

Thanks for the info Eric. I would contact you before doing anything
related to dbgp-based debugger about possible cooperation. The
debug-commons is young but in the future we would like to get together
as much ruby-debug works as possible.

	m.

PS: I think that DLTK people also doing something similar, dbgp based
ruby-debug.