Close but not really what I was looking for.

example:
   if g(x) > f(x)
   then
       put "rejoice because f(x) is greater than f(x)"
   else
       put "g(x) <= f(x) OR g(x) and/or f(x) returned a nil so I
wanted to execute this"
   end.

In other words I want the function to work as it normally would for
valid values, and if one or both are nil I want to make the test
evaluate to false.

Sorry I was not clear.

Thanks,
Tom