> If they are in the $HOME/.eee dir (which I understand is
> necessary to avoid the warning messages), then how will they
> get cleaned up?

Uh, not. They won't get cleaned up... :} That's a disadvantage,
from sysadmin point of view. But it's an advantage for long
running processes. The /tmp solution was not good enough for
long running processes.

> Can the rubyscript2exe runtime do that automatically?

Well, maybe it should... I'll think about it.

> Is there an API to do it from the app itself?

The application itself shouldn't care about cleaning up these
temporary files. So the API doesn't provide functions for this.

Until there's a solution, you could add a "rm -rf /home/*/.eee"
to your shutdown script.

Thanks.

gegroet,
Erik V. - http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/