On Apr 15, 2:41 pm, Sonny Chee <sonny.c... / gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know of a cross-platform way of generating an 'end-of-file'
> character? Alternatively, does anyone know how to figure out what the
> 'end-of-file' character is for a particular OS?

I've never heard of an end-of-file character.  EOF happens when a file
handle reaches the end of a file - not when it hits a specific
character.  Many binary file types use null padding at the end
(character \0) although this is not an EOF character per se.  To
generate a null character, you could do this "\0".