I was surprised, while reading Satish Talim's ruby tutorial, to discover
that main is actually a method -- at least, it is according to the Open
Classes section of the tutorial:

  http://rubylearning.com/satishtalim/ruby_open_classes.html

To quote:

  Please note that self.class refers to Object and self refers to method
  main. Therefore while running this program you are executing the main
  method of object Object.

Is that correct?  I would have thought main was an instance of Object,
and thus was an object itself, not a method of class Object.  Using
Object.methods within irb doesn't list a main method, so I'm skeptical.

Brian K. Reid: "In computer science, we stand on each other's feet."