On Apr 13, 2:51 pm, "Erik Veenstra" <erikv... / gmail.com> wrote:
> I've addressed this problem in the not-yet-released version.
>
> It doesn't use /tmp anymore, but ~/.eee instead. The Ruby
> equivalent is something like this:
>
>  dir    = ENV["HOME"] || ENV["USERPROFILE"] || ENV["TEMP"]
>  dir    ||= "c:/"       if windows?
>  dir    ||= "/tmp"
>  dir    = File.join(dir, "eee")         if windows? or cygwin?
>  dir    = File.join(dir, ".eee")        unless windows? or cygwin?

Wow, the ugliness of the real world raises its head, doesn't it?
Thanks for rubyscript2exe and for handling this.

I guess I'm still uncertain what the difficulty is with a sticky,
world-writeable directory on the load path.  Perhaps there's a
subtlety I don't understand.  But once the file is created, only the
owner can remove or rename the file (due to the sticky bit), and if
the file's permissions are otherwise set correctly, no one other than
the owner could alter it.  So where exactly is the vectory through
which someone could do some evil?

Eric