On 13 Apr 2007, at 13:30, Dave Rose wrote:
> thank you Mr. Hunter... my worst fears come true... THE BIGGEST BADEST
> thing for ruby is that this language is/going to be equated with
> hakers!!!!! having read Bruce Tate's From Jave to Ruby... an already
> precarious would-be acceptance of ruby by way of it's slow infusion
> into
> the enterprise by successfull sideline projects will be DASH
> altogether
> by accounts of how EASY hakers can use it against the enterprise...Dam
> it i chose ruby because i need to get things quick and easy to
> fight my
> fires here

Well conversely anything that gives 'hackers'[1] so much potential
power should be on the radar of every major corporation.

Ellie
[1] The usual disclaimers about this use of the term apply:

I am a Hacker.
They are criminal mutant scum.
Your mileage may vary

Being and Doing are merely useful abstractions for the 'time'-
dependent asymmetries of phase space.