Pete McBreen wrote:

> As for optimizing code, remember that you have to have a failing test.
> If you have a test that fails because the code is too slow, then you are
> allowed to have duplicate logic because "all tests pass" has the highest
> precedence of all of the rules of simple design. So if the code looks

Hmm.  This is good. I like this, and I haven't seen is expressed this way
elsewhere.  On the other hand, I'm *still* working may way throught the
multitude of XP books (Explained, Installed, ...)

BTW, to bring this back to Ruby, I've noticed that it is easier to do XP in
Ruby because, well, almost everything is easier in Ruby.  But especially
unit tests.  Apropos to one of the other threads in the NG, I write almost
all of my unit tests for Java applications now in Ruby, and I'm excited
about JRuby for the potential is has to make this even easier.

--- SER