------art_5852_21108410.1176466021646

On 4/13/07, Marcus Bristav <marcus.bristav / gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Francis,
>
> On 4/13/07, Francis Cianfrocca <garbagecat10 / gmail.com> wrote:
> > If you don't find anything appropriate that already exists, let me know.
> > wrote a SNMP agent on top of EventMachine (except for traps, which in my
> > application are verboten) for managing an access-control appliance. It
> > exposes a handful of standard MIBs and of course it's extensible.
> >
> > I put some of the necessary SNMP protocol support in the Net::LDAP
> library,
> > so it can use the BER functionality. This may be useful if you end up
> > rolling your own agent. Sync to the latest source code, because it's not
> in
> > the latest Net::LDAP release, which is somewhat out of date.
>
> I'd be very interested in this. Is the SNMP code available somewhere
> or is it used in your company? Traps would be possible to add I
> suppose (if I study the protocol somewhat...)?
>
> /Marcus

We're using it internally and it works quite well. Traps are not difficult
to implement, but they do evil things to your network ;-). The agent would
need some documentation before a public release. Are you willing to help
with that?

Is there anyone else who would want to use such a thing?

------art_5852_21108410.1176466021646--