------art_16317_11494398.1176424010988

On 4/12/07, Marcus Bristav <marcus.bristav / gmail.com> wrote:

> I need to write an SNMP agent (raise traps and expose MIBs). Is there
> a nice Ruby open source library to help with this? I saw Ruby SNMP but
> that only seems to handle the management side of it. Please also let
> me if I'm wrong about that.

If you don't find anything appropriate that already exists, let me know. I
wrote a SNMP agent on top of EventMachine (except for traps, which in my
application are verboten) for managing an access-control appliance. It
exposes a handful of standard MIBs and of course it's extensible.

I put some of the necessary SNMP protocol support in the Net::LDAP library,
so it can use the BER functionality. This may be useful if you end up
rolling your own agent. Sync to the latest source code, because it's not in
the latest Net::LDAP release, which is somewhat out of date.

------art_16317_11494398.1176424010988--