    Matz> Here's the terms from inside of my heart:

    Matz> Permission is granted to anyone to use this software for any
    Matz> purpose, including commercial applications, and to alter it
    Matz> and redistribute it freely, subject to the following
    Matz> restrictions:

    Matz> 1. DO NOT SUE ME.
    Matz> 2. DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT SUING ME.

    Matz> I know it's virtually nothing though.

Here's the notice I include with my scripts...

# Permission is granted for use, copying, modification, distribution,
# and distribution of modified versions of this work as long as the
# above copyright notice is included.

A representative of the Free Software Foundation told me that this is
possibly the shortest GPL compatible freesoftware license that they
have seen.  It lists all the freedoms explicitly without any extra
fluff and it is short enough to put at the top of script without
overwhelming potential readers.