walter wrote:
> I got it working! I used the file ruby-mysql-0.2.6.tar.gz from
> tommy / tmtm.org. I installed the mysql.rb in the dir ruby\lib\ruby\1.8
>
> I also had to configure mysql to use old password format using the mysql
> administrator program.
>
> The setup and install ruby programs for ruby-mysql seem to be set up for
> unix, not windows. ignore those programs and you're in

For future reference:
This provides a precompiled MySQL binary (which is available in the
MySQL/bin folder, too, IIRC, if you have MySQL installed).

Or just install the Win32 variants of gems. You'll run into the same
issues with other libraries requiring C-extensions. Blame MS for that.

Furthermore: IIRC, the password should work without problems, if your
mysql-binary is built with MySQL 5.x

--
Phillip "CynicalRyan" Gawlowski
http://cynicalryan.110mb.com/

Rule of Open-Source Programming #7:

Release early, release often. Clean compilation is optional.