I got it working! I used the file ruby-mysql-0.2.6.tar.gz from
tommy / tmtm.org. I installed the mysql.rb in the dir ruby\lib\ruby\1.8

I also had to configure mysql to use old password format using the mysql
administrator program.

The setup and install ruby programs for ruby-mysql seem to be set up for
unix, not windows. ignore those programs and you're in

thanks for the help.

news:1176048169.550291.274500 / y80g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...