Chad Perrin wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 09, 2007 at 03:16:42AM +0900, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
>
>> So for the original poster, I'd start by downloading the source Ruby
>> distribution and doing "configure", "make" and "make install" and
>> capture the log files of the operations. You'll see "miniperl" go by,
>> and you can figure out how it's built, what it's used for and where it
>> ends up. Or maybe someone else on the list can pick up where my
>> knowledge leaves off. I haven't dug into this because I'm doing other
>> things. :)
>>
> .gsub!(/perl/, 'ruby')

Uh, yeah :) And:

1. The "miniruby" executable is left behind in the build directory but
apparently it isn't installed anywhere.
2. It is (on Linux, anyhow) an executable.

 $ file miniruby
miniruby: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), for
GNU/Linux 2.6.9, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped

3. It can at least do this:

$ ./miniruby -e 'puts "Hello, world!"'
Hello, world!

So there you have it. What *else* miniruby can do I can't tell you. But
it's there after a build and apparently *not* installed.

http://borasky-research.net/