On 8 Apr., 17:29, "walter" <walter780 / nos...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to install ruby-mysql 2.7.3 win32 but can't get it working. I
> tried using gem install mysql. it looks like it installed successfully, and
> it's listed when i run gem q, but the first line in a simple program that
> accesses mysql return undefined method.
>
> I tried running ruby extconf.rb - even in the mysql\lib directory, but it
> won't create the make file. error there is can't find main() in libmysql.lib
>
> can anyone help getting this installed?
>
> dbi is just as difficult, but i'm not sure if dbi is even necessary.

I'm not on my windows machine atm. But I remember having to copy
manually the mysql.dll into  the ruby binary directory (c:\ruby\bin
for example). If you don't have the mysql.dll just search on
http://raa.ruby-lang.org/list.rhtml?name=mysql-ruby-win. But as I
said, I'm not quite sure it's the right one, as I'm not at the office
(lucky me).

Greetings

Chris