SonOfLilit wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> As you hopefully know, I founded http://RubyMentor.rubyforge.org, a
> project that offers volunteer help to Ruby newbies.
>
> My question is where would it be most effective to advertise
> RubyMentor? What are the places newbies go to first when deciding to
> learn Ruby these days? How can I make sure that every newbie knows
> RubyMentor exists, just like they probably know that the Pickaxe I is
> free online and that Rails has some very helpful screencasts?
>
> Any feedback appreciated from newbie and veteran alike,
>

> Aur Saraf

Hello Aur:

About 6 weeks ago, when I started looking at Ruby, I went to Google and
typed "ruby programming".  The first hit was the
http://www.ruby-lang.org/ page and I clicking on it.  So, I'd suggest
placing something on that page.

On that page there is a "Get Started, it√‘ easy!" section on the top
right.  I'd suggest putting a "Get Help", "Get Help from a RubyMentor"
or something like that in that section.

I didn't trip over the other Ruby sites and books like Pickaxe until
many hours or days later because I was busy looking at all the stuff on
the ruby-lang.org page.

Michael