On 4/7/07, Simon Rozet <simon.rozet / gmail.com> wrote:
> 2007/4/7, SonOfLilit <sonoflilit / gmail.com>:
>
> > As you hopefully know, I founded http://RubyMentor.rubyforge.org, a
> > project that offers volunteer help to Ruby newbies.
> >
> > My question is where would it be most effective to advertise
> > RubyMentor?
>
> Your project is really interesting. IMHO that's the better way to
> learn something. I think Ruby is the only language with a mentor
> concept. So, ruby-lang.org could use it as a marketing argument. imho
> ruby-lang.org is the better way to advertise about it.
> "Ruby is only programming language with one-to-one mentor helping
> people to learn"
Hmm are we already there? I was contacted once but it was completely
outisde my expertise, I tried to find an interested mentor but there
was nobody, no big deal, we tried at least;)
But it might be wise to get some feedback before boldly going where no
one has gone before;) e.g. stating thar Ruby has a Mentor Concept,
which seems slightly exaggerated to me, right now, any different
opions about this ?
Cheers
Robert
<snip>