On Apr 4, 2007, at 05:40 , Ollivier Robert wrote:

> Ryan Davis wrote:
> -> I've been running my perforce server for about 8 years running now
>> and while for a while they were indeed requiring a FAX of the license
>> application form their lawyers (behind the times as lawyers always
>> seem to be) finally realized the benefits of the electronic signature
>> act and accept email.
>
> That's good for them.  I got hooked on dVCS when I switched to Arch
> then
> Mercurial so any centralised VCS is out in my book (and P4 is even
> more
> centralised than svn :-)).

I'm totally fine with centralized VCS.

I'm even more fine with software that doesn't corrupt repositories,
is easy to back up, easy to understand, and works really well / stays
out of my way. Perforce is rock solid and has a long standing rock
solid history. I _have_ to have 100% complete trust in my VCS and its
backups. I simply can't say that about much of any other VCS out
there (except the nice stable old ones, like CVS). Too new. Too
buggy. Too experimental. Too full of agendas. I just want to get work
done.