On Apr 3, 4:52 pm, Konrad Garus <konrad.ga... / gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you, I appreciate your help.
>
> I'll give it a try, though it's much more work than I thought it'd need
> (the bad thing is I need it on Windows).
>
> Konrad
>
> --

I've been in a similar situation before.  When Ruby is compiled, it
records many of the compilation settings into a configuration file at
$RUBY_HOME/lib/ruby/i386-mswin32/rbconfig.rb, where $RUBY_HOME is the
Ruby installation directory and i386-mswin32 is your architecture.
When an extension is built, the generated Makefile uses all of these
settings.  You can (carefully, backing up the original) edit settings
here to use the compiler, linker, and command-line options of your
choice for all of your gems.

Just be aware that the file will be blown away any time you re-install
or re-build Ruby (although in the latter case, you'd want to use the
new configuration it generates anyway).

</terrible-hack>