Ollivier Robert wrote:
> Well, it is cheap in git as it is in svn, the differences are not
> there...
The main difference is for me that in svn the branch is a part of the
hole history of the repository while in git a can simple delete a branch
and it is not any more existent. Therefore I use it in many cases when I
don't know if an idea is best way to solve a particular problem. If I
want to do it this way, I merge it to the master and delete the
temporary branch. Otherwise I delete the branch also and don't see it
again. This is my definition of cheap: temporary branches.