On 4/2/07, Ken Mitchell <kmitchell / farmerswireless.com> wrote:

> Where is the mailing list located.  I cannot find it, only these forums.
> It seems that some of you guys are using maillist functionality

Hi Ken,

The Ruby Forum is useful for the occasional post. It forwards your
messages to the ruby-talk mailing list. If you would like to subscribe
to ruby-talk go here:

You can learn a lot about Ruby by reading the messages posted here.

Regarding your question about how to structure your Ruby code, here
are my suggestions:

- create a Module as the namespace for all the classes in your
application or library.
- create the classes you need inside that module.
- if you find classes with common functionality, see if you can break
that out into modules which are included in those classes.
- I recommend using the Test::Unit library to unit test your classes.
An example of this is in my recent Ruby Quiz submission:

http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/246269

Good luck with Ruby and welcome to our community. As you can see we
are a pretty friendly and helpful bunch :)

Regards,
Ryan