You'll find that tons of Ruby sites use PHP based software. Why? KISS.
You don't always have to build it. If a good solution exists that you
already know how to use, it's not a bad idea.
There are still PHP sites built with Perl...
Doesn't matter. All you're seeing is the file extension. It could
be .bob as long as the server knows what to do with it, like sending
it to the appropriate interpreter. You'll notice, or not notice, that
many Rails sites and PHP sites serve pages with no file extension,
because the browser does not care!