DBH wrote:
> I'm currently trying to write a Ruby program using Tk that requires the
> use of multiple files and windows.  For instance, I have a main screen,
> and when I click on one of the buttons, I want the main window to close
> and a new window to open.  The code for these windows is located in
> different files (but if possible I could put them all in one).  So far
> all I've been able to do is get the second window to attach itself onto
> the first, resulting in a very ugly looking GUI.  How can I get the Tk
> interface to let me close one window and open another with a button
> click or similar event?
>
> Thanks in advance to any help anyone can offer.

There's a couple approaches you can take. You can #withdraw the current
window and create a new TkToplevel and display it, or you can again
#withdraw the current window, unpack it's contents, pack in some new
contents and redisplay the window (I don't recall the method to
redisplay the window off-hand). I prefer the second approach in general,
but either should work fine. You should be able to do whatever you want
by passing a block to TkButton#command.

Hope that helps,

Andrew