That's way cool, Harold. I happen to teach programming and I often
talk about that predicament (even though I did not know about _why's
article until I read your post).

I'm a Linux and OSX user however, so I think having LittleCoder run on
top of SDL [1] would make it even cooler.

[1] http://www.libsdl.org/

There are already a couple of Ruby-SDL bindings available. How hard
would it be to port LittleCoder? I'd like to check that, but I'm not
sure when I'll be able to look deeper into this, though.

Nevertheless, great idea, Harold!

Cheers,

Luciano