On 31 Mar 2007, at 02:02, Gregory Brown wrote:
> On 3/30/07, Chauk-Mean P <chauk.mean / gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>
> Hi.  There is no such thing as the Creative Commons License.
>
> Creative Commons maintains a number of licenses, and there is only one
> that is actually public domain:
>
> http://creativecommons.org/licenses/publicdomain/
>
> You should be sure to link the actual license you are using, and
> unless you actually intended to use the public domain license, you
> might consider something like the sharealike and attribute license,
> which allows you to retain more rights over your work while still
> giving people their freedom.
>
> http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/
>
> If you intended to use the CC Public Domain License and just left out
> the link, and understand the implications of releasing works into the
> public domain rather than under a free documentation license with some
> rights reserved, ignore this and thank you for your kindness. :)

Alternately if your main concern is attribution for your work, you
might like to use a variant of the Anarchic Ownership License (http://
www.toxic-frock.tv/anarchicownershi.html) which whilst probably
flawed does a good job of getting the point across that:

a. you wrote your stuff;
b. other people can use your stuff;
c. they must credit you for creating it.

Of course now some clever bugger will point out how flawed it is, and
doubtless several thousand others will use up my server bandwidth for
the month ;)

Ellie

Being and Doing are merely useful abstractions for the 'time'-
dependent asymmetries of phase space.