I really like this. Its very simple, very clean, and open-ended.

Curt

-----Original Message-----
From: dave / thomases.com [mailto:dave / thomases.com] On Behalf Of Dave
Thomas
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2001 2:07 PM
To: ruby-talk ML
Subject: [ruby-talk:24606] Re: kill rdtool?

"Ryan Leavengood" <RyanL / mosaicsoftware.com> writes:

> How does it work Dave?  Do you look for a particular set of keywords
> that are capitalized and followed by a colon?  Or just any word that
> is capitalized and followed by a colon?

Any word at the start of a line that ends with a colon starts a new
section. The various output formatters know how to handle specific
sections, the rest just take a default section formatting. I'm thinking
that this is both easy to use, natural to read, and open
ended: if you want to add new section types you just write output
handlers for them. In fact, you should be able to write these even after
the documentation has been stored in the ri database (although that's a
ways off yet).

Dave