On Mar 30, 2007, at 2:10 AM, Raymond O'Connor wrote:

> A few quick questions out there for people using HighLine.  I've been
> looking at the examples and the readline one looks similar to what I
> want to do.  Basically, I'd like the user to be able to type commands
> and then have my program execute them.

Have a look at menus.rb in HighLine's examples directory.  The last
example in that file is almost exactly what you want to do.

> Also, another question about highline.  I have a list that's several
> rows and columns.  I'd like the current list to update with new values
> instead of printing a new list.  I looked at the overwrite example but
> it only seems to work with one line.  Is this possible at all?

HighLine doesn't currently support anything that would help you here,
no.  It might be worth adding a cross-platform clear method, which
sounds like it would serve here...

James Edward Gray II