I would like to register one vote for JavaDoc.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Hunt [mailto:andy / toolshed.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2001 11:56 AM
To: ruby-talk ML
Subject: [ruby-talk:24583] Re: kill rdtool?

Hal points out:
    >> Here here!
    >
    >That's "Hear, hear!"... on both sides of the Atlantic.  ;)

Duh.  That's what I get for typing while eating lunch...

    >Just to make sure the topic is closed, I'll force invocation
    >of Godwin's Law by yelling (in no particular direction):
    >"Look! Nazis!"

Finally!

    >Personally, RDtool has never fit inside my head. I've played
    >with it some, but it never seemed (to me) an especially
    >Ruby-like solution.
    >
    >> I, for one, favor a tool that uses a consistent set
    >> of tags and conventions across multiple languages
    >> (like Java, C++, and Ruby for starters).
    >
    >Hmm, that's fine with me. Hadn't given it any thought.

Now given that, how does everyone feel about javadoc-style tags?
The drawback is that @param and such look like instance
variables.  But I find that easier to type than an XML-ish
thing.

What about something completely different,
like the really simple formatting in a Wiki?

/\ndy