On Fri, Mar 30, 2007 at 12:29:12PM +0900, Ezra Zygmuntowicz wrote:
> On Mar 29, 2007, at 4:40 PM, Chad Perrin wrote:
>
> >Could you provide an example?  The following, an apparently direct
> >translation from PHP (as far as I can tell), doesn't work.
> >
> >index.rhtml:
> >  <%
> >    title = "Home"
> >    require 'template.rhtml'
> >  %>
> >
> >template.rhtml:
> >  <head>
> >    <title>Welcome <%= title %></title>
> >  </head>
>
> 	Erb doesn't do anything like that by default. But you can fudge it
> pretty easily:
>
> ez work $ cat include.rb
> require 'erb'
> def _include(template, bind=binding)
>   erb = ERB.new(IO.read(File.join(File.dirname(__FILE__),template)))
>   erb.result(bind)
> end
> ez work $ cat foo.rhtml
> <% require 'include' %>
> <% 10.times do %>
>   <%= _include 'bar.rhtml' %>
> <% end %>
> ez socialpicks $ cat bar.rhtml
> <%= "hello world!" %>

Thank you.  I was hoping there was something simpler (using eruby.cgi
rather than erb) than rolling my own, but I do appreciate your example
and will put it (or something like it) to work.  I guess I just assumed
too much about how eruby would work.  At least now I won't waste my time
trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

"It's just incredible that a trillion-synapse computer could actually
spend Saturday afternoon watching a football game." - Marvin Minsky